How to flash JellyBeer ROM for the Nexus 4 E960
The Google Nexus 4 is simply a great device to have. You get, at a reasonable price, a Jelly Bean quad-core phone with 4.7-inch display protected by Gorilla Glass 2. Though, some have criticized its limited data space, you can back your files up to cloud storage if you really need more storage. It’s a great phone on its own, but members of XDA Developers have interesting things in mind to get this phone on a higher gear.
The JellyBeer ROM, for instance, is one such example of “interesting things.” The ROM is now available for the LG Nexus 4 E960, thanks to the efforts of XDA Developers member benjamin.j.goodwin. The JellyBeer ROM was originally developed for the Galaxy Note and sports several nifty features that you can enjoy on your Nexus 4. Some of the ROM’s cool features are its switchable phone, phablet, and tablet modes; customizable DPI; customizable navigation bar; and more. The ROM is smooth and very stable.
This guide shows you how to flash JellyBeer ROM for the Nexus 4 E960.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the LG Nexus 4 model number E960. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A rooted LG Nexus 4 E960 with an unlocked bootloader and TWRP Recovery installed. For help, check out our guides on:
- Download the following:
- Jelly Beer v3.53 (JellyBeer-v3.53-mako.zip, md5sum: eb519c90bdd3c959cd3bdb020910693b)
- Google Apps package (gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip, md5sum: c4a07a24e11448824b84e314600cd357)
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is 50% or more to avoid installation interruption due to power loss.
- Copy JellyBeer-v3.53-mako.zip and gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zipto the internal SD card of your phone.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot into Recovery Mode. To do this, press and hold down the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons until Fastboot Mode boots. Select Recovery to boot into TWRP Recovery.
- Backup your existing ROM first. Select Backup > Backup now.
- Select Wipe > Factory Reset.
- Select Wipe > Cache.
- Select Wipe > Dalvik Cache.
- From the main menu select Install and select JellyBeer-v3.53-mako.zipamong the files and swipe toflash.
- Repeat step 8 to flash gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip.
- Select Reboot System.
Hooray! You just flashed JellyBeer ROM to the Google Nexus 4 E960. Don’t forget to share your thoughts about this ROM in the comment box below. Enjoy!